How to Develop Your Ideal Vision for Your Great Business and Perfect Future
A few weeks ago I attended the INC500/5000 conference and had the opportunity to connect with Ari Weinzweig. I had heard and read a bit about Zingerman’s approach to business and knew it was interesting and different…but didn’t realize how unusual it really was until I dug in. I attended Ari’s breakout session, had a few conversations with Ari, I read his new book called “A Lapsed Anarchist’s Approach to Building a Great Business” (highly recommended), started researching them, etc. And the more I saw — the more I really loved how their built their business, the philosophy, the culture and more so I knew I had to get an interview with Ari. If you missed it – please check it out here and leave a comment. Here are a few of the insights we covered:
- The exact 8-step recipe for writing a vision of greatness and getting clear on the future you want.
- How to get your entire team onboard with your vision and who should create the vision.
- The difference between a mission statement, a vision and a strategic plan (and why there is a HUGE difference)
- Who you should absolutely share your vision with as you’re developing it.
- Why “positive futuring” really does work. (Zingerman’s actually has each employee work on visioning regardless of their position in the company because it’s that important.)
- How often you should re-visit the vision.
- How to “reverse-engineer” your vision and create your ideal future.
Listen to the replay here. Don’t worry there’s nothing to buy though I absolutely, whole-heartily recommend Ari’s new book “A Lapsed Anarchist’s Approach to Building a Great Business“. I think you’re crazy if you don’t add this to your library before after you hear this!