Special Scholarship Opportunity for Young Entrepreneurs
I’m really excited about this…
You see, one of my real passions is helping young people and “turning” on the lights for them to see a different direction in their life.
A few years ago this “kid”, Nathan Morris, from North Carolina emails my office about his situation. He told me he’d read one of our introductory programs and was starting to make about $1000/month online from his college dorm room. He wanted to know if I would meet him for coffee.
Typically I don’t do that without charging a very significant consulting fee but this time I made an exception. Nathan drove up 12 hours for that cup of coffee but he walked away with a game plan to earn 6-figures from his tiny list of 2000-some people. Wait until you hear the niche he sells to — it’s so crazy and it could only work online. Nathan sells to enthusiasts who want to take the engine out a Honda Accord and move it to their Honda Civic to make it go faster! The best part about Nathan’s story is his Mom accusing him of dealing drugs because he started making so much money selling information products after our meeting.
Here’s part of what he told me later on:
“I met up with Yanik in Bethesda at a Starbucks after driving 12 hours to meet up with him to turn right back around and drive 12 hours back. Anyhow, during that hour or two that I spent with Yanik at the coffee shop… he opened my eyes to so many new product ideas and marketing strategies that I honestly—almost two years later STILL haven’t been able to fully take advantage of! I am now making a full time income…and I literally have dumbfounded all of my college buddies since I only work for about 1 hour a day at night before bed. Even more incredible… in my main business, I have taken my income and successfully doubled it each year—and I’m on track to 10x it this year… putting me at over $100,000 a year from a VERY small niche, with a list of only just over 2000 people.” (Note: this was several years ago and Nathan is on to bigger and better things online.)
Anyway this was several years ago and unfortunately I really didn’t do very much hands-on help or teaching for young entrepreneurs since then. I’ve always been interested in it but I just didn’t make it priority…until now.
Part of the unique aspect of my new Maverick Business Adventures® group is ‘giving forward’ via education to teach young and aspiring entrepreneurs in communities we take part in adventures. (Actually next week in Baja we’ll be working with a group of Business students from a local University in Ensenada, Baja Mexico.)
So I got to thinking…why not do this with the Underground® too?
The kind of turbo boost a young entrepreneur could get here would be incredible since it has quickly become THE networking and learning event in the online community. (That’s not what I say but tons of others high-profile attendees who never miss it.) I’m hopeful this kind of exposure would help one of our young entrepreneur winners become the next Google, Facebook or Twitter. Who knows? You never know what can happen and this is the best time in history to do it. It’s truly the golden age for creating online businesses from a bedroom, dorm room or living room and I hope this is the spark they look back on as a pivotal point.
These 10 super star young entrepreneurs selected will win the ultimate VIP experience at Underground® 5. Here’s what they get:
• Free admission to the Underground Online Seminar® 5 to be held at a top-secret location in Washington, DC on February 20-22, 2009. ($2,995 value)
• Face-to-face networking opportunities at the event with 300+ leading entrepreneurs and top Internet business owners including Ryan Allis, who has built multiple million dollar companies from scratch (one while in his teens), Bob Parsons, CEO of GoDaddy.com; and Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com, the #1 online footwear retailer that broke $1 billion dollars in sales in 2008 & many more!
• Private VIP Lunch with myself, multiple speakers from the Underground® and members of the exclusive Maverick Business Adventures® group. (Maverick Business Adventures® is a distinct group of 7-figure business owners committed to ‘giving forward’ to young entrepreneurs.)
• Closed-door learning session during lunch.
• Exclusive Maverick Young Entrepreneurs Swag Prize Bag (Special resources and goodies from top online experts - $1000s in value.)
More details here –
If you are aged 13-21 and have the entrepreneurial spirit – I welcome your submission. Or if you know someone who should apply, please forward them this link. Thanks very much! – Y.S.